Would you like to receive notifications of new posts?
Enter your email address:

Thursday, February 26, 2009

If I had a "Business"

If I had a business and things were not looking good, the horizon was nowhere to be seen and the workforce lost hope, I would have to make some changes as to not lose everything and fail. If this was a company to believe in, a company with morals and purpose, a company that had helped frame lives and build faith, I would certainly want to preserve the underlying strength and mission that created its success.

I would need to root out pessimism and create a reason to push forward, a mentality of courage. I would need to create a vision to locate the core principles that helped create the level of integrity and success the business once had. I would need to bring in courageous leaders who believed in our mission and risked their lives in carrying out what they knew was more important than themselves. I would need to have a practice of discipline and moderation, strength, and encouragement.

As it goes without saying, I wouldn’t deal with venders or contractors that didn’t offer suitable services that met our needs. I wouldn’t invest capital into non performing assets. I wouldn’t create more debt to fund non essential divisions. I would seek out investors who willingly believed in our mission and purpose and stood by us by their own volition. I would not force anyone to believe in my agenda; rather I would invest in those that believed in the agenda set forth by the founders of the company and hold true to the principles that once made us successful and prosperous.

For it is courage to make the difficult choices. It is honor to stay true to your beliefs.

1 comment:

  1. I wish my Dad had followed these principles before 2 of his businesses failed !

    Our son has his own flooring business and a beautiful showroom...it has been tough for them the past few months but they are sticking to their business plan, being careful with business expenses and doing quality work that has lead to more work.

    ReplyDelete